With the builtin_* options explicitly set to OFF, I would expect -Dgminimal=ON and -Dfail-on-missing=ON to cause a build failure when packages are selected but not found. Unfortunately, the following unexpected behaviors are observed:
- builtin_ftgl is turned ON when ftgl is not found, rather than causing the desired failure.
- builtin_gl2ps is turned ON when gl2ps is not found, rather than causing the desired failure.
- builtin_lz4 is turned ON when not lz4 is found, rather than causing the desired failure.
- With -Dunuran=OFF, builtin_unuran is turned ON when not found rather than causing the desired failure.
Am I wrong in expecting the build to fail, or is there something else I should be doing to get the desired behavior? Or are these mis-behaviors to be fixed?
In addition, the following enhancements are requested:
- With -Dfail-on-missing, collect all missing packages and list them all together rather than failing on the first one.
- A "no-builtins" option (with the exception of afterimage and llvm) to avoid having to turn them off individually.